Background and Experience
During a corporate career spanning over 20 years within Blue Chip Pharmaceutical Organisations, including 5 years at Director level, Andrew was a proven and effective Senior Business Leader, bringing energy and experience to developing and leading high performing teams and individuals in blue chip organisations. As a Director, he lead 3 major corporate businesses through large, successful and sustainable change.
A visiting Lecturer in Change Management and Personal Development at the University of Exeter, and a speaker in Entrepreneurial Action for the University of Plymouth, Andrew is also a Certified Strengths Coach, Executive Coach, NLP Practitioner and accredited user of many industry leading psychometric tools.
Working with Andrew
As an experienced Facilitator, Consultant and engaging Conference Speaker, Andrew specialises in helping individuals, teams and organisations to look inside themselves for the most sustainable form of growth and success.
It is why his approach is geared to help:
- Individuals to connect to their authentic self, their values and beliefs, their motivations and mindset, their thinking, their unique strengths, and to enhance how they can bring the best of themselves to their role, their teams and organisation.
- Teams to value and utilise their diversity, delivering optimal performance through shared vision and values, relationships and trust, collaboration and understanding, communication and evaluation.
- Organisations to define and deliver what it takes to become and remain a great place to work, attracting and retaining top talent, enhancing innovation and productivity, unlocking faster business growth
Since working independently, Andrew has worked across a number of industry sectors and has supported clients from large corporates to small, entrepreneurial start-ups, in a variety of projects ranging from individual coaching, team and leadership development, through to Culture assessment and transformation.
Some of the larger clients Andrew has worked for are Abbott, Allianz, Arriva Trains, Atkins, Baillie Gifford, BMW, Johnson & Johnson, NHS, Screwfix and Exeter University.
Professional Training and Qualifications
Building on an Honours Degree in Psychology, Andrew continues to invest in ongoing personal development to ensure bringing the very best to clients.
An experienced and certified Change Management Practitioner, Andrew is also a qualified:
- Executive Coach (European Mentoring & Coaching Council)
- Strengths Coach (Gallup Strengths / Clifton Strengths Finder)
- NLP Business Practitioner
- Situational Leadership II Practitioner (The Blanchard Companies)
He is also accredited and experienced in the use of many learning and development tools, including:
- MBTI Step 1&2, FIRO-B, TKI (OPP)
- Organisational Culture Inventory / Organisational Effectiveness Inventory (Human Synergistics)
- Emotional Intelligence ESCI 360 (Hay Group)
- Leadership Impact and Management Impact 360s (Human Synergistics)
- Group Simulations for Team Dynamics
- Life Styles Inventory (Human Synergistics)
- MTQ48 Mental Toughness (AQR International)
Andrew has also completed the “Certificate in Neuroscience” with the Neuro Leadership Institute in New York, bringing the latest in Brain Science to the workplace.
Outside of work Andrew lives in the South West of England, is a volunteer speaker for WaterAid, enjoys time cycling and maintaining fitness, and spending time with his wife, 3 daughters and young grandson, as well as countless hours walking with “Fudge” the family dog on the beach or in the surrounding countryside.
5% of all Beacon Consulting’s profits go towards supporting young people at West London Action for Children, a small, independent charity that helps families and children in challenging circumstances to fulfil their potential.